"Scipio" Gladius Auction
You can follow the progression of this project from concept drawing to completion here: Scipio Work-In-Progress
- 1075 steel - normalized & thermal cycled, differentially hardened with polished hamon
- 28.5"/724mm OAL
- 22.25"/565mm blade
- 5.5"/140mm CoM
- 17.25"/438mm CoP
- 2"/50.8mm wide at guard, 1.7"/43.1mm wide at waist, 2"/50.3mm wide at CoP
- .220"/5.7mm thick at guard, .240"/6.1mm thick at waist, .220"/5.8mm thick at CoP
- 3.6"/90.3mm grip
- Flat/convex ground
- Peened tang construction in addition to West System G/flex epoxy
- Stabilized satinwood guard & pommel with inlayed copper guard & peen block, stabilized amboyna burl grip
- Photos and videos below
- Auction ends Friday, June 16th at 5PM Central Time with a 5-minute anti-sniping rule.
- Minimum $50 bid increase please.
- No scabbard is provided with the sword (will be shipped in a padded hard case). I can recommend Paul Long for leather or Brian Kunz for an historically accurate scabbard.
- I will ship international (where lawful), but the buyer will be responsible for shipping costs and will assume all risk of damage/loss.
- Please email your bid amount and full name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current high bid: Auction has ended. Winning bid is $3000. Thank you to all who bid!